Saturday, December 3, 2011

Soy fortunada para mi vida...

It’s getting “chilly willy “here. ( pretty sure, I made up that word or my mama didJ) I love chilly weather, because I get to wrap a scarf around my neck, wear my warm boots, and long-sleeves…I could really go on and on! I’m ready for Christmas lights, cinnamon anything, stockings, candy canes, and hot cocoa. Clearly, it’s the middle of November, but I seriously cannot help it. I already am wearing my Christmas pajamas and my warm booties around the apartment!
I may or may not have already purchased a cinnamon candle for the living room, that I light every night to smell its sweetness! You could also say “pinterest” has been already looked at for Christmas decorating, school ideas, nail polish colors for winter, and of course new recipes. Is that bad or what?!
Yes, I said school ideas! I’m not completely obsessed with only Christmas and its joyfulness. I have really been impressed with its great resources for lesson plans, crafts, bulletin boards, and every teacher thing in between. I have recently used it for the 3rd and 4th grade bulletin board. I am really excited to see how it all comes together! I have made a fun turkey for each class, and the students are going to make the “thankful” feathers to go around each turkey. Seeing as Thanksgiving is coming up, thanksgiving lessons will begin!! American culture is being shared at Juan XXIII! We have many fun things planned for the week of English classes this week!!
I’m incredibly thankful for my studentsJ Also, I’m so thankful for my new friends here to share Thanksgiving with in Spain. Here are some pictures of our dinnerJ

Hungry, Happy People ready to eat!

Lucyna, Haley, Liz, Chessa, and I with our Potluck Food

Stuffing, Sweet Potato Suffle, Tortilla, Green Bean Casserole, Chicken

To be honest, Thanksgiving is really exactly how it sounds, a time to give thanks. In my personal opinion, I feel like we are not just blessed one time a year. Every day we receive unexpected surprises, joys, glimpses of happiness, in other words, blessings. I love that we can come together, and be thankful one time a year with our family members and close friends. It is a wonderful time to be thankful, but I think that since this year I will not be able to attend thanksgiving with my family I have thought about it a bit more deeply.
Every day is a day to give thanks, and love on others around you. So, I am taking it as a personal challenge to thank God daily, 365 days of the year, for the blessing and lessons He has taught me in life’s journey. As you read this, please know, I am thankful for you. I love journaling, traveling, following your dreams, and enjoying the little moments in life….but I don’t get to love those things as much, if you didn’t have people like you who love and support me. I am truly the luckiest girl in the world, to have you in my life.
For that I am thankful.
p.s. I’m also thankful for my new grilled cheese avocado sandwiches. A girl loves her grilled cheese no matter where she is in the worldJ
love love.



No comments:

Post a Comment